“ I’m not Deaf. I don’t know anyone who is Deaf.”
- Its very handy !
- It is part of Australia’s culture – and Central to the Signing Deaf Community of Australia
- Have you wanted a Secret Langauge to use with your friends that you can take anywhere ?
- Discipline in Silence!
- Signing is a wonderful communication tool for hearing individuals.
- Great for Scuba Diving, at sport, across distance, encouragment, when sick etc etc etc
- It highly motivating for individuals with Auditory Processing &/or Learning Difficulties.
- Tactile or Kinesthetic learners, Children with Special Needs, ADD/HD learners do well as it is ‘learning through the limbs”
- The emphasis is on the visual (eyes) rather that the auditory (ears).
- If you count on your fingers NOW YOU CAN SPELL ON THEM TOO
- TEACHERS – Auslan is an intriging and effective discipline tool in the classroom. It is captivating too!
- It’s a lifelong skill
- Babies as young as 10mths can use basic signs to indicate their needs
- Its Fun – do it anywhere!